If you just started your small and medium business journey, and have a few employees, creating an email Gmail account can make the communication system easier. It could also be used to keep in touch with other partners.
If you find yourself communicating with a bunch of people regularly, consider creating an email group.
An email group is a tiny bunch of email addresses that can share the same conversation.
Open your Gmail account and follow the steps below.
1. Log in, and open Google Contacts
2. Select the contacts you want to group that you'd want to form a group with and check against their names and email addresses.
3. Click the Group Icon on the top.
4. Select <create new> or <existing group> to place the contacts into their list.
5. Decide how you want to name the group and add it to the <New Group> space that pops.
6. Click <OK> to save the details. The group will appear on the left side of your screen, under <My Contacts>. You'll also spot a label with the group title, against the name of the members.
This is another quick way of creating an email group. This works if you've got most of your data stored in the Google Contacts.
Let's say you want to have a group of like-minded people who work in the IT industry on your email list, to join forces.
You can search for <works in IT>
And add the contacts to an existing group or form a new group.
As a small business grows, more people might continue joining the management. Similarly, if you're using your email group to communicate with your clients, then you'll need to keep updating the list.
You can add the contacts from inside the group, or from the <My contact>.
Here is how to go about from inside the group.
1. Select the name of the group you need to add contacts to from the sidebar.
2. Click < Add to "Name of the group">.
3. Type the name in the text box, and their email address will appear. Click Add. Note that if they have many email addresses, Google will pick the first listed one.
You can also add individuals to any group from their contact cards. See below
As a small and medium business advance, some clients or partners leave the company. You don't want them to continue seeing your conversations. This is why you need to know how to remove them instead of creating a new group, to match the new needs.
Here are six simple steps to go about it.
You can use your group to dispatch any content to your other members. Although you can use Google contacts, you'll most probably prefer to use Gmail instead.
You can use BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) or CC (Carbon Copy) as you'd do with other addresses. If the group of people doesn't relate to each other, use BCC, they will only see their own email.
As a small business startup, you're always looking for ways to make things run smoothly at low costs.
Starting an email group for your business allows you to communicate effectively with your partners without incurring any extra costs.