What is an autoresponder?
These are e-newsletters that are sent automatically to your subscribers based on the intervals that you set.
For example, you can set up a program for your autoresponders so that.
- A new subscriber receives an email when they sign up for the email list
- After a week they receive a discount code for your products or services
- Four weeks later, they receive an invitation to follow you on social media
… and so on.
Why are autoresponders important?
When used appropriately, a lot of your emails get automated, and you don't have to worry about sending the emails out manually.
So the main benefit of using an autoresponder is saving time. Yet, if you're smart when using one, it can generate a lot of revenue for your business.
Other advanced applications for autoresponders
Sending an email to your new subscriber is pretty cool. But there are other ways you can use to communicate with your clients based on how much you know about them and their behavior online.
- Sending birthday wishes and related offers based on the needs of people on the email list.
- Moving your subscribers from one communication line to another after a particular action, like buying a product. (You can move them from a "prospect" to an "upsell" cycle).
- Switch subscribers from one autoresponder to another if they click a link.
- Sending your audience a one-year anniversary message since they started using your product or service to encourage them to keep working with you.
- Automatically send your audience emails regarding the content of the page, they used to subscribe from.
Using an autoresponder in the above ways can boost the revenue you get from your emailing efforts.
How do I send autoresponders?
You'll need an email marketing app to send autoresponders. There are loads of them available, but most of them require a subscription fee.
Yet, if you're a small business, you might not be ready to incur the cost. You can utilize free basic plans that allow you to send up to 10000 emails per month for free. And upgrade to a payment plan as your business grows.
Does “Autoresponders” mean I should only send automated E-Newsletters
No, you will still have moments where sending a manual e-newsletter makes sense. Such occasions include sale announcements, making festive offers, and general news updates.
But well, autoresponders will allow you to automate lots of "nuts and bolts" marketing activities and customizing emails for your segmented lists.
Tips to remember when using autoresponders
- Don't overdo it. Keep your email intervals long. Unless there is a very good reason as to why you should bombard your audience with a stream of emails. It's best to send automated emails when necessary.
- Keep your subscribers interested. Use your subscriber's information that you gathered when they joined the email list, to determine the kind of email they'd like to receive.
- Don't Just "Drip," Utilize Email Automation Features. Gone are the days when intervals were the only way of determining the next email. Now you can send the next text-based on clicks, opens, and purchases to stay relevant.
- Know the data protection rules. With issues with GDPR, it's more crucial to stay on the right side of the law. Ensure you have consent from subscribers to send them autoresponders, and allow them to unsubscribe easily.
To read more on our allied services, click https://www.enginemailer.com/send-html-email